Thursday 9 April 2015

MY NEW FAVOURITE CONCEALER

If you've read any of my previous posts, it's quite likely that you will have come across me raving about MAC's Pro Long Wear concealer; I've repurchased it and loved it for the last 2 years at least, but I think I've found something I like a lot more, which is very exciting!

The Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer was released earlier this year and received pretty good reviews straight away. As soon as I tried it I knew I had to have it; it seemed a good coverage, good consistency and it also smells a lot like MAC's foundations and Pro Long Wear Concealer, so I was very intrigued. The first time I actually used it I liked it but it didn't wow me. I kept using it and then on one of the days that I did wear it, I looked in the mirror during the day and without specifically intending to, I noticed that my under eyes looked really brightened and concealed and remembered that it was this concealer that I used. I really like it as it is described as weightless, complete coverage and it is. It gives really good coverage, yet doesn't feel or look heavy on the skin, like the MAC concealer can. I find that it lasts all day and I never notice any creasing under my eyes when I use it. I find that you don't need much at all as it is such good coverage, so I think it'll last a long time. Although my complexion isn't perfect, I tend not to bother concealing on my face too much as no concealer ever completely covers spots and you can end up looking worse. I do however put a tiny bit around my nose to cover redness and I think it works really well and still doesn't look heavy on top of foundation. I think it would be really good for blemishes and other imperfections, if you get the right shade. I chose Light Warm which has a very yellow tone to it which makes it really good for brightening under the eye. If you have a light complexion and want something more neutral that will work under the eyes and on the face I would use the shade Light Neutral. The shades do go up in colour pretty quickly, so I wouldn't go any darker than Medium Light Neutral unless you have a very tanned or darker complexion. The concealer is designed to improve skin's youthful appearance and elasticy, radiance and reduce the appearance of fine lines with it's matrixyl 3000, green tea, sodium hyaluronate and Litchiderm ingredients. 

I haven't yet read or heard a negative review of this concealer and I couldn't fault it so far. I much prefer it to any other concealer that I've used but the deciding factor as to whether I repurchase it will be how long it lasts. It's £17.50, which for a high end concealer is pretty reasonable as long as it lasts well.  

Have you tried the Naked Skin Concealer? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved