Wednesday 3 December 2014

BRIDESMAID FOR MY BEST FRIEND

I was planning on writing up this post about a week ago but apparently my laptop wasn't too keen. I had just about turned it on when it completely and literally died right there in front of me. Luckily, it was just a quick and fairly cheap fix and now we're back up and running - maybe it heard how close I was to trading it in for a shiny new Mac book (happy bank account but I'll keep dreaming). 


Last month my best friend got married and I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid. I was really excited for the day as I love going to weddings, even though I definitely never want to have my own, I like to see other peoples. 
I started off the day very early so that I had time to get myself ready, travel to the hotel and then do the brides make up. It always feels so good making someone look their best for such a special day in their life. 

The wedding went so well and was such a beautiful day. The bride had not so kindly decided that all four of us bridesmaids should do a speech. I feel okay about public speaking as I've done it quite a lot, however it was still pretty hard to plan what to say, while trying not to bore everyone else and instead hoping for the odd laugh!  I tried to think through every conversation that we had ever had, to find something worth sharing. I thought about so much that I could say, but knew it had the potential to come out wrong and then people wouldn't get it and it would be very awkward. I had a kind of eureka moment; I remembered that we both love One Tree Hill and that she had told me that her now husband, had proposed to her just after she was watching OTH. I felt like a genius! If you are also a OTH fan you'll know what I'm referring to; I decided to quote a part of Haley's maid of honour speech to Brooke. It was great as it related to myself and her but also joined her and her husband. 
I didn't think I would be nervous but I think the fact that the other bridesmaids had been stressing, made me over think mine and become nervous, my hands were shaking but apparently I hid it well. Luckily my speech went smoothly and I managed to say exactly what I wanted to and I even managed to make people laugh! 

The rest of the day was so much fun and I even danced a little bit. Did I mention I don't drink so I was completely sober and dancing makes me feel so awkward, but I got into it when some good songs were playing. 



My speech - god knows what I'm doing/saying but it seems to be going down well!



My boyfriend, Jamie and I 

 There's something pretty alien about wearing exactly the same dress and accessorising it exactly the same as three other people, but you get used to it. I'm now looking forward to the next wedding I get to go to, even though there isn't any in the near future just yet! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved