Tuesday 24 June 2014

SKINCARE SAVIOURS


I've only really got into skincare in the last couple of years; before I have to admit I was often guilty of... dun, dun, dun...... not taking my make up off before bed. I now cannot go to bed without a clean face. I have no idea what type my skin is as it seems to play tricks a lot and go from completely normal, to dry, dehydrated, to oily, to spot prone, it's combination in the most varied sense. During my skincare journey, I've come across some staple products that I turn to for each of my problem types. 


Dry Skin


I have never been someone who suffers from dry skin, so I was really unprepared when this drought hit... haha get it?! I found that The Body Shop's Camomile Cleansing Butter worked really well, as it felt very nourishing on the skin and didn't feel drying at all but instead left my skin so soft to touch. Luckily with a purchase from Clarins I received the Santal Face Treatment Oil sample. At the time I didn't think this was lucky at all as I was actually buying the same oil but for dehydrated skin and I had never suffered from dry skin so I thought it was a bit of a waste of a sample. When I did suffer from dry skin, it was a blessing; it's so nourishing! The hazel nut oil helps to soothe and calm dry and irritated skin, so it's the perfect skin rescue product. I used the Kielh's Avocado eye treatment when my eyes were really dry and horrible and it worked so well as it's quite thick and creamy and really soothed the skin. 


Dehydrated skin


My favourite products to use when my skin feels dehydrated are the Hydraluron serum and the Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil, for, you guessed it, dehydrated skin. I normally use the serum during the day and the facial oil at night and if I'm feeling dehydrated I use both at night. Both leave the skin feeling and looking so plumb and fresh. I always find that any fine lines look diminished and my make up applies smoother as my skin is in better condition. 



Blemish prone skin 


I thought I was so lucky to not have bad skin throughout my teenage years, however, now in my 20's, I've started to constantly get break outs. Really, they're not that bad at all, compared to some things that you can suffer with, but that doesn't mean they're any less annoying or that I'm any less self concious of them. My favourite cleanser to use whenever I have a particular bad break out is the REN Clarifying Clay Cleanser. It is specifically aimed at blemish prone skin and it just feels so refreshing on the skin and really does a great job at calming the area and bringing down the spot size. It's also doesn't contain any harmful ingredients. treatment wise, the Bare Minerals Blemish Remedy is very good as it helps treat the spots but doesn't dry them out or leave the horrible whiter residue that most do. I also like to use the Lush Mask of Magnaminty, as it really seems to calm down any problems on the skin. 


Dull Skin

I like to use the Bare Minerals, Biolucent serum when my skin is looking a little tired. It really helps noticeably, brighten the skin and make it more radiant and luminous. 



I hope that has given you some ideas for when your skin is playing up. I didn't include oily skin as I don't think I have any specific products that really help. 

Have you found any amazing products for any of these skin problems?




5 comments:

  1. Lovely post and very informative! Like you my skin goes crazy, although my main problem is dehydration and acne scarring! I absolutely love the Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment, its the only thing that makes my under eye area brighter and fresher after a night of heavy drinking lol ! :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad I'm not the only one that's skin is all over the place. Haha yep, I bet it does work wonders then!

      Georgia x

      Delete
  2. I too have very dry skin, but it still plays up alot of the time! I love The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil, as it has really sorted my skin out and I'm spot free to date (touch wood) :D
    http://victoriarosebeaute.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one too! I've actually just used mine all up :(

      Delete
  3. You really need a skincare package like that when you know your skin type changes so often. It's good that you know exactly what and when to use the right product on a particular skin problem – that would save you a lot of trip and money for each skin treatment. Cheers!

    George Chambers @ Amani Medspa

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved