Wednesday 11 June 2014

"IT JUST HAPPENED"... MAC, TANYA BURR, KIEHL'S, NARS, LUSH, LAUREN'S WAY...


I had been pretty good at not spending much lately and using up products I already had, so I hadn't really bought much for a few months. This month I ran out of a few things and succumbed to the hype and needed to try a few other products and didn't really realise it was all adding up so much, not horrendously for most but more than I expected so it's safe to say I'll be going back to the boring world of saving money.


First, Lauren's Way had a 20% off weekend. I'm not exactly running low on fake tan but it's become the only one that really works for me so I thought I'd take advantage as I will eventually need it. I decided to try the new Rapid 60 minute tan and the Glam Tan Darker than Dark. I've only ever had the Darker than Dark foam tan before so I hope both of these are just as good if not better.


My skin has completely flipped lately and started to go from normal and very pleasant to blemish prone, sensitive and dry. I think I had some kind of reaction but I have no idea what from but it caused the skin around my eyes to go very sore and dry and the rest of my face very sensitive (eeww)? I decided to try the Kiehl's avocado eye cream as it's got such good reviews and the avocado makes it sound so soothing and nourishing, which I needed.  Luckily House of Fraser were having 10% off and I also got an extra 10% off with unidays, so I had to also order NARS Sheer Glow - obviously. I've been wanting to try it for a while now and the discounts brought it down to around £24 which seemed a tiny bit more reasonable than its normal price tag! I also got an eyeshadow from MAC called plumage, a dark green blue colour, as I'd also wanted it for a while and definitely don't have anything like it, plus I needed to spend a little more to get free postage - I'm a sucker for free postage.


Next was Superdrug. As Tanya Burr's range were 3 for 2, I had completely run out of reasons not to try them. I bought Picnic in the Park, Chic and Exotic Island for lip glosses and New York Night, Bright and Early and Peaches and Cream for nail varnishes. I'll definitely be posting a separate post showing them properly and reviewing them, so if you're interested, keep your eyes peeled! I also picked up some Ardell lashes as they were also on offer... such a bargain hunter! I was running out of moisturiser, after forcing myself to use up the hundreds that I already had, so I bought the Dove one. It smells good but I wont be repurchasing it as it has parabens in, which may or may not be bad but I'm not going to take the risk! Likewise, the Ponds cream also does, so maybe I just need to check ingredients more!


Speaking of parabens, Lush have now started to re formulate some of their products which did contain parabens, without them, yey! I really liked the Mask of Magnaminty but when I realised it contained parabens it really put me off and I wasn't going to repurchase but as it's now self preserving I just had to. I also bought the Tender is the night massage balm, which with some sniffs smells a little like old women, like really floral and not too great but in others it's quite nice... Probably would have preferred a different scent, but it's a good shape and when you're in lush you have no idea what you're actually smelling!


Are we done?! I think so.
I'm not going to do any more shopping for a while (I make no promises). Overall I saved a lot as everything I bought was on offer, apart from the Lush bits, so there's my justification.

I'll most likely be reviewing a lot of the products mentioned individually. Have you tried any of these, or different colours, scents etc?

2 comments:

  1. What a bargain on the Nars Sheer Glow - I really want to try it!

    The Tanya Burr range is good too - I really like the lip glosses.

    Beccy ~ Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, best time to buy it! Yeah I was surprised, I really want more now.

      x

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved